Job type: Full-time position
Start period: Immediately
Location: Richmond, BC
Hiring director: Rikki Sidhu, Director of Operations
ExcelSense Technologies designs and manufactures purpose-built, maintenance-free, self-cleaning optical sensors such as cameras, and lidars for machine vision, surveillance and process monitoring in dirty and harsh industrial environments. The ExcelSense products are specifically designed for repeated exposure to contamination and temperature variations. Unlike other cameras, ExcelSense’s patented and award-winning cameras effectively self-clean against abrasive dust, mud, oil, bitumen, potash, and salt without requiring any fluid top-ups, compressed air or maintenance for many years.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced BUYER to our Operations team in Richmond, BC. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Buyer is responsible for procurement, inventory and logistics. This includes managing all material and purchase orders to ensure materials availability to meet the production schedule.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of purchased materials
- Proactively and accurately maintain all ERP master data pertaining to product procurement
- Purchase material for inventory and non-stock items to support manufacturing and customer orders
- Manage purchase order actions (reschedules, cancels, expedites, confirmations) and ensures on time delivery to support production. Communicate in a timely manner on inability to deliver on time to our internal customers
- Monitor, manage and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with department requirements and rules
- Develop a strong positive rapport with vendors
- Actively plan and execute cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for oversight and processing of supplier non-conformances, returns and rework as a member of the MRB team
- Support Accountant with the reconciliation of daily receipts and invoicing discrepancies to support the timely payment of supplier invoices
- Identify supplier capability, capacity constraints, and development requirements
- Evaluate and manage vendor relationships to obtain accurate quotes, maintain quality of goods, achieve timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts, expediting as necessary
- Support in the arrangement of and coordination of shipments to customers globally.
- Work with the design engineering team at the concept/ prototyping stage and provide early input regarding risk and cost of supply.
- Manage purchasing activities for special projects, including purchase of sample components for test and validation
- Assist in the development of purchasing policies and procedures,
- Research new suppliers, sub-contractors and manufacturers to assist in product improvements, delivery improvement and cost/profits enhancement, and support new supplier and component validation and approval
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing, supply chain, inventory management or planning, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supply Chain accreditation (CPIM, CSCP, SCMP) or other supply chain certifications an asset
- Strong experience working with MRP/ERP software
- Familiarity and experience with manufacturing, mechanical, electrical and electronic components
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for import and export of goods
- Ability to communicate in English, knowledge of Mandarin and/or Spanish is an asset.
How to apply: please send your resume to email@example.com with the email subject line [Buyer position]
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
No Agencies please.