Effective Date: October 15, 2020
We are ExcelSense Technologies ("ExcelSense Technologies Corp."), a Canadian registered company with a registered address at 1009 Expo Blvd, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6Z 2V9. Our corporation number is 809039639. We operate the website available at: https://https://www.excelsensetechnologies.com (the "Website").
Information you provide us
You may give us Personal Information by:
* Interacting with Website.
* Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our Website or our services or products.
* Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
* Supplying us with goods or services. Suppliers may provide us with information which may include a contact name; email address; business address; and telephone number.
Cookies on the Website
When you interact with the Website we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that web browsers place on a computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. If you click on a link to a third-party Website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to ExcelSense Technologies, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or registering for a free trial, you remain anonymous to ExcelSense Technologies. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you've closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
ExcelSense Technologies uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows ExcelSense Technologies to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you've logged in and are required in order to use the ExcelSense Technologies application. ExcelSense Technologies uses persistent cookies that only ExcelSense Technologies can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an ExcelSense Technologies customer or prior ExcelSense Technologies Website visitor (whatever the case may be). We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browsers ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website. You may be able to limit cookies used by their browsers and third parties by updating settings at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How we use information we collect
We collect the Personal Information described above in order to market our products and services, to improve our Website and to recruit staff.
We will use the information we collect in the following ways:
* To administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
* As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
* To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
* To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about services that may interest you or them;
Who we share your information with
We may share your Personal Information with our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers.
We use a number of sub processors and service providers to both assist us in providing the Website.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our Customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You can find a list of subprocessors with whom your Personal Information is shared as follows:
Copper CRM, Inc. and HubSpot, Inc.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, Canada which is outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. The data that we collect from you may also be transferred to, and stored at, United States of America outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. For information about the adequate security safeguards that have been put in place for data based in the United States of America, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
Automated decision making & profiling
We use automated decision-making/profiling in the administration of the employment or contractual relationship. ExcelSense Technologies uses automated decision making when deciding on the correct answer to serve based on a customer question. The exact logic of the automated decision may change based on the machine learning model employed.
Your data rights
You have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information:
* The right to access the Personal Information we hold about you.
* The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information about you without undue delay.
As a customer of ExcelSense Technologies, you have the following rights:
* The right to have us erase any Personal Information we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Personal Information or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
* The right to object to us processing Personal Information about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
* The right to ask us to provide your Personal Information to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that Personal Information to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of Personal Information relating to other people.
* The right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Information.
* The right to address a challenge concerning the personal information handling policies and practices at ExcelSense Technologies.
Where our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting email@example.com.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may also lodge a complaint with your local privacy commissioner or other Supervisory Authority with respect to our processing of your Personal Information. The local Supervisory Authority in each European country can be found here.
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.